Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

How Bleach prevented me from watching or reading any more Anime and Manga

I'll admit I was a 90's baby which means I grew up on DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho and pretty much everything else Toonami played. For the last couple years I got wrapped in Animes and almost always they were impressive with each tale and the art styles never got old even though they're virtually all the same.

Then I watched Bleach... As soon as I watched the end of the Aizen conflict I left more pissed than the last episode of Inuyasha.... So many... goddamn plotholes... glaringly obvious character inconsistencies and constant constant PIS PIS PIS (Plot induced stupidity)

It was like Taito Kubo wrote himself into a corner and instead of writing himself out of it he tore the damn walls down. I just... I felt so betrayed... I invested time in this series more than any other series because the Shinigami Invasion arc was flawless and the character development was great up to that part.
I watched the Bound arc... shut up...

It really got bad at the Hueco Mundo arc, powers coming out of nowhere, characters introduced , established, and bopped pretty much immediately, Ichigo dies twice but comes back from the force of love or something. I for the life of me started tearing my hair out at the whole end to the Aizen kidnaps Orihime thing, that BLEW ME. At this point mentally I'm like "Why me? Kubo, what did I do?" But I stuck with the series still.

The next Arc I WAS DONE.

The things that made me cry:
  • Ikkaku not using Bankai despite reality itself being at stake (This is at the fucking top because WOW)
  • Kumomora's Bankai making no sense
  • Tousen, just that was pointless
  • Gin's Bankai making no sense
  • Shunsui Koryaku's bankai being "too dangerous to use while people are looking" (WHAT!)
  • Aizen's Death (YES HE DID DIE)
  • Wonderweiss
  • Everyone vs Aizen
  • Soi Fong's Bankai not making sense
  • Why did Aizen slice up Hallibel?
  • All the useless support characters standing within hugging distance of Aizen without "losing their existence" when previously they could barely see ghosts
  • Various power level inconsistencies
  • Ichigo's dad is how fucking old?
  • Why does Ishin Kurosaki know Getsuga Tensho? Where'd Final Getsuga Tensho come from?
  • The final fight with Aizen
  • Yammy is number 0
  • Shunshui Koryaku's Shikai
I've never been able to commit myself to another series since. I even went back to Inuyasha to see the final act but this was just too much. It hurt. It scarred me and has since prevented me from ever touching another anime/manga

No comments:

Post a Comment