Search This Blog

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Fun Theory: Disruptive Punch

One of the best things about being a writer of fantasy is that we can make any scenario we want come to fruition. Want to fight a god? Done. Want to run around the world in 2 seconds? Sure why not? Even less? Go for it. Its fun to create newer and even cooler things for the sake of it even if you're not going to use the idea.

Today I was brainstorming ideas for a super power for a character that I thought would be outside the box. And then I came up with something I called the walking Quake. It's a character who has the ability to vibrate whatever they touch to an unbelievable degree, to such a degree that they can shatter molecular bonds! The force of vibration is an underestimated one especially when you can turn a solid to a liquid.

When I thought about how this character could use their ability I thought "what if they punched someone while sending a mass of vibrations through them?" that sounded incredibly painful when you think about it. Because when you're hit normally you're body absorbs shocks, now imagine thousands more going through every part of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment