Search This Blog

Friday, March 8, 2013

Getting back into another old series Called Fantasy World

I was doing a bit of cleaning today and was going through basically a time machine of older works, class assignments, drawings and etc. and I found an old draft to a story that I always wanted to do. It was a series named Fantasy World, a title that was inspired by Final Fantasy when I was very young I came up with it after watching my uncle and brother play it alot. Ideas formed very very young in my head and as my writing matures I often wonder what I thought in retrospect and often think is any of it usable now? Well I'll just quote a bit from the draft I found. Quoted word for word, I remember I came up with this story based on I believe Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts or at least it sounds like it

"Now you see. Within the boy...lies the key to making you real. Jensi! Do you understand what you have to do?"

"The boy..." Jensi replied

"What?" answered the man.

"The boy..., will he be hurt in this process?"

"Not at all. Now go!"

Jensi turned and started to walk away out of the darkness.

before he completely left, he stopped, and then asked. "Before I go..." Then turned his head toward the man. "I don't really know your name..."

The man looked at him grimly, and then said "you really don't need to know"

So as tough as it was to write every single punctuation and grammar error in that piece I rather enjoyed writing it and I'm sure I enjoyed it when I was younger and still trying to discover my thing for writing. But overall I'm sure I can used this idea or something along these lines to make something out of it because an old car can always use a new coat of paint if it still has the parts.

My whole goal with this series was to surpass Final Fantasy actually which is alot of my motive for much of my writing when I look back on things. I created tales to surpass Inuyasha, Mortal Kombat, some samurai game on the internet, etc. and honestly that's what I interpret as inspiration: taking an idea and trying to do it equal or better. But as for passing Final Fantasy in storytelling that's a monumental task for a new writer but all in all I'm always up for a challenge I mean I can write a grim dark tale about the horrors of the human heart and the juxtaposition of reality vs belief I'm sure I can whip up a couple of fantasy tales here and there.

It's all about how well you can imagine and how your imagination runs and whether or not you can make the reader see what you saw in your work. Hell you can have the greatest idea for a tale but who knows maybe someone just couldn't see it. I'm determined to make sure you all see it someday.

Anyway back to cleaning up

~Grim

No comments:

Post a Comment