Search This Blog

Friday, March 29, 2013

P.S. 133 Observational log Day 1

Day 1, I was sent to this school to observe the children. Not sure of what they think I'll find here and honestly it annoys me to even be here. The halls are cluttered; strewn about with papers, snapped pencils, and other assorted school supplies and on top of that it smells in here.

I sat in on one of the classes and sat awestruck at the blatant lack of respect for the teacher and her lesson plans. One student, Bobby Ricks, is a complete class clown; he raises his hand to answer questions and says nothing more than snide remarks. The other children get a kick out of it but I am underwhelmed, he seems like a bright kid if he would run his mind more than his mouth. Next child I noticed was Megan Bronsten, she was just another stuck up snob of a girl, professionalism aside.

This was just one of the many classes I had the displeasure of sitting in on, this is honestly just a waste of my time. I've observed a total of eight classes today, each filled with the archetypical high school pick and mix of miscreants, and I've seen not one anomaly or anything worth noting, other than what I believed to be a handjob in the hallway somehow.

I don't get paid enough for this job. Day one yielded no observations on anything other than high school being a miasma of bad hygiene and wasted potential. Gonna log this down as inconclusive and come back tomorrow morning.

~Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment